The White House Gift Shop
Distinguished Presidential, White House &
Diplomatic Gifts and Collectibles for 70 Years!
All International Orders must be purchased via PayPal or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a traditional credit card form of payment.
U.S. Government Clients Only: If You Require the White House Gift Shop SAM, Defense Logistics Agency Cage Code, or Government Printing Office (GPO) Contract Information Contact
In recognition of its unique 70 year history of service to government, diplomats, and patriotic Americans, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office granted the White House Gift Shop federally registered trademark protections that add value, integrity, and meaning to your gifts and collectibles. The White House Gift Shop is the only entity of its kind in White House history originating from a permanent memorandum by President Harry S. Truman to members of the U.S. Secret Service. The White House Gift Shop® was granted trademark registration protections by the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In November of 1950, by order of President Harry S. Truman with operational oversight by then Chief of Secret Service, James J. Rowley and U.S. Army General Harry Vaughan, Aide to President Truman, and Secret Service members, the White House Flower Fund became the White House Security Fund then the U.S. Secret Service Uniformed Division Fund which soon, thereafter, became the White House Gift Shop. Back then, the White House Gift Shop was located in the basement of the White House and later relocated to the Executive Office Building in an area known as the old War Department. On January 1, 1998, the White House Gift Shop opened this online store for your accessibility and convenience.
History of the White HouseWe are often asked by callers about the history of the White House, itself, or how to contact the White House, the President, or members of the President's staff by phone or mail.
The White House is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the United States. Construction began with the first cornerstone set in 1792. The White House mailing address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500, and the main White House phone number is: (202) 456-1111 which will provide you with extensive options for requesting President Barack Obama's recognition certificates for citizens age 100 or for honoring deceased United States Military Veterans, among many other options. You can process most requests simply by listening and responding to the White House's excellent interactive phone menu or you can opt to connect to a White House Communications representative.
The easiest way to send a message to the President is by E-mail.
You can send a direct and immediate E-mail to the President by visiting the White House Communications Center page at White House Intern Speakers Series Televised Event in China
White House Intern Series Participants with White House Gift Shop, Est. 1946 Journal Book Gifts
The White House Speaker Series in Classrooms & Televised, China
Participants Wait for Christine, White House Intern,
to Sign Their Journal Books
* * * The Sphinx Organization is the Detroit-based national organization dedicated totransforming lives through the power of diversity in the arts.
Photo of the Sphinx Quartet and gifts courtesy of Jackie Washington, Esq.FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Note: Always feel welcome to call us with any questions or to place your order by phone if you have any problems with ordering. Call 877.896.3609 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or e-mail email@example.com. Our staff is the friendliest in the world, professional, and always ready to help you! Be assured that we unconditionally guarantee your satisfaction with our customer service as well as gifts and collectibles of the White House Gift Shop®.
* Do you accept checks or money orders? Yes. Orders by check or money order $150.00 or more are accepted but are individually processed by our customer service staff and must be placed by calling customer service at 877 896-3609.
* Do you accept international orders? Answer: Yes, but you will need to use PayPal method to complete your transaction or use a U.S. issued credit card.
* I receive a message "Email Already in Use" -- What should I do? Answer: Most likely, you have multiple accounts in our system. Should you receive this message, please phone 877.896.3609 during business hours (9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. EST or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We can quickly establish a primary account for you which will correct the problem. Alternatively, you can quickly establish a new account by using a new email address (one that you have not already used in the White House Gift Shop).
* Do you still give free memberships to U.S. Secret Service members? Answer: Yes. USSS members of all divisions receive a permanent code. Military, Law Enforcement, and First Responders both at federal and state levels are also eligible for free memberships. If you need a member code, e-mail our director at email@example.com with any form of service verification. "Do not" include your SSN or any sensitive personal information." An envelope from a government entity with your name and organization, for example, or communication from a Veterans organization is sufficient. If you send a copy of an ID card of any kind — be sure to black-out all personal and other sensitive information such as your SSN. If you are a military, law enforcement, or first responder member with a total service-connected disability — you are eligible for a special free membership.
* What browser is best to use for shopping at the White House Gift Shop? Answer: The best browsers to use are Firefox or Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer. Many people use Internet Explorer because it came pre-loaded on their computers but it is not necessarily the best browser to use. Our recommendation is Google Chrome.
* I am having problems placing my order -- can you place my order for me? Answer: Yes. Phone 877.896.3609 during business hours (Monday - Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. EST) and one of our friendly staff members will place your order for you or help solve any problems you experience. Our staff is friendly and always eager to help you, so don't hesitate to call us.
* I do not see shipping costs as I add items to my order? Answer: Shipping costs are calculated and shown during the checkout process. When you add all your items to your cart and enter the checkout process, shipping is calculated based on the combined weight of all items in your order and displayed. Also, be sure to select your shipping choice in the shipping method selection box. You can select USPS or UPS. If your order is $150.00 or more, be sure to select the free USPS shipping option. If you want faster shipping, other non-free shipping options are available.
* How do I reset my password? Answer: Click the reset password link shown on the login page by entering your email address to receive a password reset link. If you receive a message indicating that your password or account is not found, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your phone number.
* If I signup for email newsletters and specials, how often will I get emails? Answer: Our email about new or featured products is sent once each week.
The White House Gift Shop
Regional Customer Service Center
Contact: Rachel Allen, Assistant Director
Phone (877) 896-3609
Fax (877) 770-8808
Order online 24/7 and 365 days a year or by phone on Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (EST). If our exceptionally friendly staff is busy helping other customers, please leave a voice message or e-mail email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!